Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ha Ha Haiku!

I am not pretty.
True, but I am pretty old!
I did not die young.

The older I get,
The less I care about looks.
Wrinkles hide my flaws.

You can't see me now,
Hiding behind my wrinkles.
That's how I like it.

What happened to me,
The old me, when I was young?
The new me is old.



I have one question.
What is the meaning of life?
There is no answer.

We live and we die.
Don't bother looking for more.
Life has no meaning.


The ocean charms me
Its blue depths, deep as the sky
Full of life and death

Eat or be eaten
Bigger fish eats smaller fish
Prime law of the sea

It's the same on land
Some die, so others can live
We all have to eat

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can identify with more than one of the sentiments in this nifty haiku...

Gorilla Bananas said...

"The old me was younger than the new me." That's clever, Madam Z. A witticism that will make people chuckle at dinner parties.

Harry said...

I ain't no expert... (<doesn't know haiku from hai-karate)
but this here haiku sets right nice.

Jodi MacArthur said...

My goodness, your haiku couldn't be anymore charming. My favorite is the one about the ocean. And personally, I'd like to know the meaning of wrinkles- and don't say old age! Your site always brings a smile.