Sunday, March 23, 2008

Regarding the soggy saga of my quest for independence, I will add this entertaining side note. While I was still staying at the boarding house, my husband, having grown very tired of having to prepare his own meals, washing his own dishes, doing his own laundry, etc, contacted me. He was very nice, and suggested we get together for the weekend and see if we could "work things out." I was so lonely and miserable, I agreed. We met at a restaurant, had a reasonably pleasant dinner, and went back to "his" (formerly "our") house. It seemed so warm and cozy, and Husband was being so pleasant, as he coaxed me into returning, that I agreed.

The next morning I telephoned my best friend and told her what was happening. She sounded alarmed. "Are you sure you want to do that?"

"I guess so."

"Well, tell him that if you come back, things will have to change!"

I hung up the phone and turned to Husband. "If I come back, things will have to change!"

An all-too-familiar black scowl enveloped his face. "You're damned right things will have to change!!"

I grabbed my purse, hat and coat and left his sorry ass forever.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!

7 comments:

Wait. What? said...

And life begins anew!

fingers said...

Boy, aren't you going to feel like a complete fucknut if you find out one day that he was agreeing with you...

Mike from Adelaide said...

Jeez. I hope this all happened a while ago....

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Way to go girl. I admire you for your courage. But I have a feeling there's more to this story.

Madam Z said...

Cat: Ah yes...

fingers: Not a chance, dear boy. He clearly meant that it was *I* who must do the changing.

mike: Yeah, a loooonnng time ago.

dr. m: Thank you! and yes, there's a lot more to the story. :)

Ms Smack said...

Well FUCK HIM and the horse he rode in on.

He's CLEARLY demonstrating that you are RIGHT to feel the way you do.

Pack up his shit and make way for Mr Right!

Letty Cruz said...

The more I scroll back in time, the more I HEART you! Kisses!

ugh -- and now back to my accounting for nonprofits online lecture :(